Monday, May 9, 2011

Asbury Park






Old School Asbury Park is my inspiration today. Why, you ask? Well, I went home to New Jersey this past weekend to celebrate both Mother's Day and my Dad's birthday (poor guy get's trumped every year!) and while I was home we wound up going out in Asbury Park one night. I hadn't been there in YEARS, and being there seriously made me the happiest girl in the planet. SO much has changed (in a good way) and it really brought back a lot of memories for me. Guerilla shooting my high school music video projects in the condemned lots, dance recitals at the Convention Center, seeing my friends play at the Stone Pony on Sundays. Now, I realize my experiences aren't exactly what one thinks of when the term "old school" is used to describe Asbury Park, but these pictures from back in the day truly are enchanting, aren't they? For so long I've felt like this place has been a frozen-in-time ghost town. It's so iconic to me. Faded pastel paints, rusted boardwalk signs, the sun bleached boardwalk. It's kind of amazing. And please, don't get me started on the Bruce of it all. If you ever find yourself "down the shore", definitely take a trip to Asbury and walk around a bit. The town is really coming back, and it's drenched in history. Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Liza, fellow blogger and Asbury Park fan. My email address is lizazitelli@gmail.com. I have a question! Would you please email me when you get a chance? Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete