Tuesday, April 13, 2010

DIY Inspiration



My favorite LA-er just sent me her most recent DIY project and I couldn't help but post it. This past weekend a friend of ours dropped off this piece for her to take in and refurbish for her apartment. It had a cracked mirror encased, chipping paint, and was about to be tossed in the trash. So she disassembled it, took out the mirror and replaced it with a vintage floral fabric, and repainted the wood. Home Depot is the best and mixed her a "Rolling Hills" shade of green for only $2.99. A typical can like this will paint about a 4x6 area. Then she just nailed it all back together and hung it up in her kitchen! What an awesome weekend project. I love it! Well done, bud!

I would really love to see more peoples' DIY projects, so please send them my way at ccethompson@gmail.com and I'd be delighted to feature it. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment